Anouk from Luxessed visits a tea-lovers heaven, Tea and More in Dudelange.
The first thing that I noticed when I walked in, was the eclectic smell. Then I saw the huge tea selection with my own eyes: hundreds of different kinds, neatly arranged on shelves and in cupboards. We sat down with the shop owner, Marc, who then started telling us about his passion for tea and how his shop came into existence a couple of years ago. It was very inspiring and informative.
Key Tea Facts
- Camomile tea can dry out your stomach, so don’t drink it too frequently
- Maté and matcha tea are super energising and can have an effect that lasts four to five hours
- Pu Erh is recommended for hangover situations. It gives you energy as well
- Green and white tea are excellent for detox
- 7×7 tea is a very strong detox tea composed of 49 herbs. It’s efficient but should be consumed along with water, in order to avoid headaches
Tea origins (or originali-tea)
- Green tea comes mainly from China and Japan
- Great black tea originates in India and Sri Lanka
- Expect white tea to be from China
- The best oolong tea grows in the higher mountains in Taiwan
- Maté has little theine and its main home are Argentina and Brazil
- Rooibos contains no theine and comes from South Africa
28, rue Jean Simon