Lux-based designers with a unique style and flair can be hard to find, but Caroline Kaiser is one of them. With a display at MUDAM, an online shop and every item handmade, a visit to her studio is a joy – you won’t be able to leave without a purchase! Luxessed’s Anouk showcases the genius behind Studio Mick.
The wonderful designs of Caroline Kaiser first caught my eye a while ago and ever since, I’ve felt inspired to share with you photos of her beautiful and carefully handmade designs. Recently I had the great pleasure to meet her in person by visiting Studio Mick, her atelier and shop. Feast your eyes on her beautiful work.
About Caroline and her work:
- She gave up her job as accountant to fully dedicate herself to her art.
- Studio Mick started off as Les mille idées de Caroline Kaiser in 2008, but the acronym soon replaced it as easier to remember.
- She draws her inspiration from the latest fashion trends, her favourite artists and graphic designers.
- Her favourite colours are red and blue.
- Every product is handmade with the exception of printed fabric.
- Her favourite materials are fabric and paper.
- She launched her first collection in 2014.
- The products are mainly targeted at women of all ages and children.
- In the past, Caroline enjoyed doing workshops for children and working on private orders. Going forward, she would like to focus more on her own collections and projects.
- Exciting and promising collaborations with Luxembourgish companies are in the pipeline.