Looking for the nearest pumpkin patch in time for Halloween? You might need to drive out of Luxembourg for the experience, but that just makes picking out your Jack o’Lantern more of an event!
What’s a pumpkin patch again?
If you haven’t been to a corn maze, pumpkin patch, harvest festival or apple orchard, you don’t know what you’re missing
- Pumpkin patch: So this can be either a field where pumpkins grow (where you go and pick them yourself) or a place where already harvested pumpkins are piled up and where you choose your own!
- Corn maze: this a perfect entertainment for kids at any age. As the corn grown tall it creates a thick maze. Farmers cut pattern paths into the field. Some mazes offer night time experiences!
- Hayride: open ride in which wagons decorated with hay are pulled by tractor or drawn by horse.
And here is our list of corn mazes, pumpkin events, pumpkin patches/ pick-your-own pumpkin farms around Luxembourg — sorted by distance from Luxembourg city; one is actually in Luxembourg itself!
N.B. Please check ahead the event/farm’s website (or their Facebook page as they get updated more frequently) before heading out.
- 50 km – Hahn Family Farm, 12, rue Principale, L-8560 Roodt/Rédange, Luxembourg. Biggest pumpkin grower in Luxembpurg. You CANNOT pick your own pumpkins 🙁 but you can buy pumpkins that the farmers have picked for you! Ring first on 23621454.
- 72 km – Cueillette de Peltre, Avenue de Strasbourg, 57245 Peltre, France. A farm where you can pick your own pumpkins (and many other fruits and vegetables). Farm animal and picnic area available on site!
- 148 km – Sunshine Pumpkin Farm, Adam-Müller Straße, 66894 Gerhardsbrunn, Germany. Pumpkin patch and hayride! Every Saturday and Sunday in October from 1:00pm-4:00pm.
- 149 km – Hitscherhof, Hitscherhof 3, 66506 Maßweiler, Germany. A Bed and Breakfast farm with corn maze and farm outlet. Here you can choose from a huge selection of 30 kinds of pumpkins to use for decorating or for Halloween lanterns and 15 kinds of edible pumpkins for cooking. You can also cut your own flowers! Open every day in October from 1:00pm-6:00pm with pumpkin specialities on Saturdays and Sundays.
- 204 km –204 km – Marie’s Garden, Valkenweg 116, 3090 Overijse, Belgium. A farm where you can pick your own pumpkins (as well as other fruits, vegetables and flowers).
- 220 km – Goldgrund, Steffen Heckelmann Altes Zollhaus 1, 65597 Hünfelden-Mensfelden, Germany. Pumpkin Fest with games, fun and entertainment for the whole family (end of September)
- 232 km – Harvest Festival, Rossmarkt, Frankfurt, Germany. Takes place in September (the one for 2017 is over already). Lots of farmer stands, animals, pumpkins etc!
- 238 km – Walt Disney Corn Maze, Maisfeld Kurmainzer Str. 136, 61440 Oberursel, Germany – closes Sept 24, 2017!
- 255 km – Hessenpark, Laubweg, 61267 Neu-Anspach, Deutschland. Open-air museum with lots of family friendly events like The Harvest festival (30 Sept -1 Oct), Apple festival (21& 22 Oct) and much more – see calendar here!
- 257 km – Maislabyrinth- Leimersheim, Seehof, Tullastraße 9, 76661 Philippsburg, Germany. Corn maze (closes Sept 23).
- 273 km – Pumpkin Regatta, Ark Van Noé, 6, Arkstraat, 2460, Belgium. A one-of-a-kind Pumpkin race taking place on 22 Oct 2017!
- 304 km – Corn maze Terhardt, Heidkantweg 90, 45721 Haltern, Germany. More like an amusement park (something to do for a day out with the kids) with corn maze go-kart track, giant bouncy castle and giant slide, water pillow, trampoline, ball pit and straw bales!
- 315 km – Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Festival, Ludwigsburg, Germany. A number of “pumpkin” events take place until 5 November. Check out the website for details!
Did we miss anything? If you know of an event/pumpkin patch that is not on our list, please let us know!